Find out about calls to artists, member exhibitions, ECA+ news, and more.
Individuals, schools and cultural organizations are eligible to apply for project support from Easthampton City Arts+
. Funding for cultural field trips is also available. Local Cultural Council (LCC) grant applications are due each year on October 15
. Contact us
or view the MCC webpage
for further information. Exemplary LCC projects are eligible to be further recognized by the Massachusetts Cultural Council
for Gold Star Awards
. Easthampton projects which have received the Gold Star Award are Bear Fest
(2009), Art in the Orchard
(2011), and REACH
Massachusetts’ Local Cultural Councils (LCCs) represent the largest grassroots taxpayer funded cultural network in the nation. Supported through the Massachusetts Cultural Council, LCCs make rich cultural experiences available for every Massachusetts citizen. Local Cultural Councils receive an annual grant from the MCC, and reinvest those funds in arts, humanities, and science projects that benefit children, adults, and families in their own communities.
In 2014, ECA+ awarded $9031 to 18 projects, ranging in amounts from $150 to $1150.
- Storytelling in the Orchard, Gail Herman at Park Hill Orchard Changing Hands
- Changing Lands, Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary, an educational treasure hunt with a living history component
- Saturday Morning Music Party, Flywheel, pancakes and dance parties for all ages.
- Winterfest: Ice Harvesting & The Working Horse, Nashawannuck Pond Steering Committee.
- UNBUTTONED, An Evening of Spoken Word, ECA+ at Luthier’s Coop
- Archguitar, Peter Blanchette at Luthier’s Coop, Art Walk Easthampton
- Bird's Eye, dance performance, Terre Parker
- Moving Generations, dance performance by Dance Generators at Lathrop Community.
- The Whalemobile for Emily Williston Memorial Library youth summer reading program
- Easthampton Elementary and Middle School Art Show, May arts festival
- Artist of the Month Series, exhibits at Emily Williston Memorial Library
- Tap Me on the Shoulder -- Home Performance Series, Erika Kate MacDonald
- Laugh for the Health of It, Trevor Smith at Easthampton Community Center
- Iroko Nuevo – Dance performance at the Cottage Street Cultural District
- Easthampton Historical Society - Hello Neighbor! , programs at the Easthampton Historical Society
- Edible Wild Plants Walk, John Root at Mountain View Farm
- Old Mill Building/New Art, mixed media events (Cirques) at Sonelab
In the ECA+ Gallery
In My Pocket
by Lauren Parent
April 8 - April 29read more
Butch: Not Like Other Girls
by SD Holman
April 4 - May 4read more
in the Chamber
Horses and Their Friends
by Erica Damon
April 49 - May 28read more