Find out about calls to artists, member exhibitions, ECA+ news, and more.
Sculptural Bike Rack(s)
Project Timeline | 2014
September 10, 2014
Application Deadline, 6:00 p.m.
Notification to winning entries
Easthampton City Arts+ is seeking designs for permanent, artist-designed outdoor bicycle rack(s) --to be located in Easthampton, MA. The purpose of the rack(s) is to provide places where cyclists can secure their bicycles. The rack(s) will also enhance the visual environment through these artistically designed elements. One proposal for will be selected for the Main Street location.
Please download application for further information, guidelines, print application, and site locations.
- This opportunity is open to all Massachusetts residents 18 years of age or older.
- Extra consideration is given to ECA+ members.
- There are no limits as to how many designs each applicant may submit.
FABRICATION & INSTALLTION
- Winning applicants are responsible for costs of design, fabrication, and delivery of the racks to the designated location on schedule.
- Selected applicant will be responsible for maintenance for required for rack(s) for one year.
The winning entry will receive a $2500 honorarium. Fifty percent of the honorarium will be given to the winning applicant upon their execution of the completed contract. The balance will be paid following installation of racks. In order to release the initial funds, a completed contract must be returned to the Arts Coordinator. See a sample contract
- ECA+ will coordinate installation with the City of Easthampton;
- ECA+ will pay honorarium to each winning artist in person;
- ECA+ will publicize the winning proposals.
An ECA+ sub-committee of local arts advocates, bicycle advocates, and other community members will select the winning designs. Selection criteria will be aesthetics, functionality, originality, safety, and durability (See guidelines for bicycle racks).
In the City Hall Gallery
Through March 19read more
It's a SNAP
Through February 28read more
Dog Holes (and Other Pictures Taken in the Woods)
by Trevor Powers
Through March 26read more