Find out about calls to artists, member exhibitions, ECA+ news, and more.
Sculptural Bike Racks
Project Timeline | 2013
Application Deadline, 6:00 p.m.
Notification to winning entries
(by or before) deadline for installation of racks
Easthampton City Arts+ is seeking designs for permanent, artist-designed outdoor bicycle racks --to be located in Easthampton, MA. The purpose of the racks is to provide places where cyclists can secure their bicycles. The racks will also enhance the visual environment through these artistically designed elements. A total of two proposals will be selected. One proposal for will be selected for the Cottage St. location and the Union St. location.
Please download application for further information, guidelines, print application, and site locations.
- This opportunity is open to all Massachusetts residents 18 years of age or older.
- Extra consideration is given to ECA+ members.
- There are no limits as to how many designs each applicant may submit.
FABRICATION & INSTALLTION
- Winning applicants are responsible for costs of design, fabrication, and delivery of the racks to the designated location on schedule.
- Selected applicant will be responsible for maintenance for required for racks for one year.
Each winning entry will receive a $2500 honorarium. Fifty percent of the honorarium will be given to the winning applicant upon their execution of the Artist Agreement Form in-person. The balance will be paid following delivery of racks.
- ECA+ will coordinate installation with the City of Easthampton’s DPW;
- ECA+ will pay honorarium to each winning artist in person;
- ECA+ will publicize the winning proposals.
An ECA+ sub-committee of local arts advocates, bicycle advocates, and other community members will select the winning designs. Selection criteria will be aesthetics, functionality, originality, safety, and durability (See guidelines for bicycle racks).
In the ECA+ Gallery
Through July 28read more
At the City Hall Gallery
by Erica Ann Flood
June 26 - September 17read more
in the Chamber
New England Images
by Pat Conant
June 6 - July 30read more